- Big and overblown governments at all levels
- 70 Ministers
- Over twenty Special advisers (on what?)
- Every minister is entitled to 4 Special Assistants
- Senate President earns 88 Million Naira monthly
- His Deputy Earns 55 Million Naira monthly
- Senators take home 14 Million naira monthly
- It takes 1.4 Trillion (NOT Billion) naira to mantain the NASS annually (Rememeber what Sanusi said about 25% of our GDP is used to feed people who only sit Tuesday - Thursday)
- Our Governors exhibit such level of opulence shunned by the richest nations in the world
- Our 2012 budget has a deficit component to it. We are supposed to borrow about 1.6 TRILLION NAIRA.
- NASS will be paid from that!
- Aso Rock will use 1 Billion of it to eat!
- Aso Rock will use another 1 Billion to fuel generators.
- The Vice President will use 58 Million Naira to buy newspapers
- The office of Patience Jonathan will use 500 Million to speak bad english to you.
- We will spend close to 500 Billion on International Travels
- In 2012, some state governors will collect 100 as security votes MONTHLY
- They will continue to enjoy immunity clause!
- Your hospitals will have no drugs
- Your schools will still have no quality to train a world class scholar
- Your roads will still be death traps
- You will still be a local government unto yourself, providing water, security, power and social security!
- You will still pay more for petroleum products.
- You will pay toll in 2012 on federal interstate roads.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS NOW ?
Let us remind ourselves this morning of the reason for this showdown. It is not about subsidy, I keep repeating this fact. It is about the following indices that make our govenrment big, wasteful and ineffective: